Operated by national carrier, Vietnam Railway, the Vietnamese railway system is an ageing but pretty dependable service, and offers a relaxing way to get around the nation. Travelling in an air-con sleeping train sure beats a hairy overnight bus journey along Highway. And of course, there’s some spectacular scenery to lap up too. You can walk freely on the hallway of the train to enjoy or take photos of the peaceful sight of Vietnam countryside along the way.
Daily train schedule
- Sai Gon to Nha Trang
06:00 AM - 1:18 PM
09:00 AM - 4:21 PM
11:55 AM - 8:00 PM
2:40 PM - 10:40 PM
07:30 PM - 3:13 AM
- Nha Trang to Sai Gon
08:30 - 16:15
11:00 - 18:40
18:40 - 02:50
20:50 - 05:50
- It takes 10 hours to travel from Saigon to Nha Trang by train.
- Petty crime can be a problem on Vietnamese trains. Thieves occasionally try to grab stuff as trains pull out of stations. Always keep your bag nearby and lock or tie it to something, especially at night.
- Arrive at the station 1 hour in advance.
- Don't forget your train ticket/voucher.
- Call us at +84902217998 or +84968157987 if there is any problem.